Sunday, July 7, 2013

LOVE WILL ALWAYS FIND A WAY | The Memory Brothers

CLICK BELOW TO PLAY SONG:


writer: Doug Koempel
album: Feelin' Alright (BOF-94) 2013
artists: the Memory Brothers
publishing: Blue Baker Music BMI




  • lead vocal: Doug Koempel
  • background vocals: Jeni Grouws, Christopher Jon and Doug
  • lead guitar: Dave Christopherson
  • rhythm guitar: Christopher Jon
  • acoustic guitar: Doug
  • backing tracks programmed and played by Doug
     sequenced on Sonar 3.1 Producer Edition
     VSampler 3; Papelmedia GM 2006; EZdrummer;
     SonikCapsule bass guitar; Maestro Concert Grand v2;
     VI.One; SuperQuartet; Alesis QS7.1; Yamaha NP-V80

  • recorded at: Bird-On-Fire Recording Studio / West Union, Iowa

Doug's notes:


This song only took 13 years to write. It started out as "I Don't Want To Lose Your Love" in 2000. I'd done a demo recording of it back then, and it just kind of sat around for several years. Every so often I'd make a half-hearted attempt to re-write it. I had the music down, but I could never quite get the lyric right.

Songwriters conjure up some songs right out of thin air - purely fictional; while some songs come from real-life experiences - this one was inspired by having met Tammy (so I had to be careful to get it "just right!!")

Finally in 2013 as I was looking for material for our Feelin' Alright CD, I thought this would a good ballad to add to a predominantly uptempo album. So that provided me the impetus to finally finish this song! (Oh incidentally, Tammy really likes it. Wheww!)


Click to play "Love Will Always Find A Way."

No comments:

Post a Comment